Monday, November 23, 2009

Comment

This is the comment i posted on Allisons commentary of reliance on oil and impact on the environment:
I definitely agree to many points that Allison illustrated in he post. However, before I can go into that I have to disagree with her reasoning as to our presence in the Middle East. Now, this is a topic that can be discussed forever but my main point is that our initial presence was a direct result of the attacks on September 11th, 2001. Whether we are in the right countries today or if we are abiding by our initial goals over there, finding Osama Bin Laden and other taliban leaders, is another topic all together. As a resident of Austin and its surrounding areas for most of my life and the past ten years all together I have seen the drastic increase in construction. When I first moved from Austin to Pflugerville I thought the growth in the suburban areas was a good thing Now as I pass places that used to full of trees and other vegetation and see subdivisions put up in such a weak housing market; I see it more as a waste. We should all do our part to give back to the environment and I believe that cities should play a big part in starting up organizations that go out and replant tress. Hybrid cars don't seem to be so popular because few companies have put out models that intrigue us as buyers. Aside from the hybrid versions of popular Honda models and the TDI versions of Volkswagen models, its been only up until recently that we've seen hybrid models of popular SUVs such as the Escalade and Tahoe. Allison made an interesting point at the end of the blog. I think that it's a result of this greed and effects on the nation lately that have caused some companies to open they're eyes and try to undo some of the damage. Unfortunately for us, the working class, there aren't enough companies that have begun to work towards a better economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment